Working with Results in ATLA Religion Database
Printing, E-mailing, Saving, and Exporting
To print, e-mail, save, or export items from your results list,
- add the items to your Folder: select the Add to folder link under each item's entry. If you're viewing the full record for the item, there is an Add to Folder icon at the top of the record;
(NOTE: if you only want to keep one item from your results list, you do not need to add it to a folder; you only need to go to the full record, and options to print, e-mail, save, and export are available there)
- click on the Folder icon at the top of the page or on the Folder View link to the right of your search results;
- on the Folder Contents screen, you'll see a list of the items you've add to your folder. Using the icons to the right of the list, you can print, e-mail, save, or export any or all of those items.
- To print a list, select the items you want to print and click the print icon. On the resulting Print Manager page, select your options in the right-hand section of the page and select the Print button. Your browser's dialog box should then open; select whatever options you want from this dialog box and select the Print button.
- To e-mail a list, select the items you want to e-mail and click the e-mail icon. On the resulting E-mail Manager page, fill in the appropriate information and select the Send button.
- To save a list to storage media, select the items you want to save and click the save icon. On the resulting Save Manager page, choose from the options on the right-hand section of the page and select the Save button. A new page will open with instructions on how to complete saving the file.
- To export a list to a variety of bibliographical management software packages or in a number of file formats, select the items you want to export and click the export icon. On the resulting Export Manager page, check off the appropriate information on the right-hand section of the page and select the Save button to complete the export process.
Saving Your Work for Use in Future Sessions
Before saving your work, you'll need to have an EBSCOhost account (see Creating an EBSCOhost Account for details).
To save a search or multiple searches that you've done during a search session,
- click the Search History link;
- select the search(es) you want to save;
- click the Save Searches / Alerts link (if you are not already logged in, you will be taken to a login page);
- you will be taken to a page to provide a name for your set of searches and an optional description. You will also be queried as to whether you want to save the set of searches permanently or for 24 hours and whether you want to set up an alert (see Setting Up Alerts for more information on this topic);
- click the Save button.
You can retrieve your set of saved searches the next time you go into the database. Simply log in to your account. The saved searches should be on the left-hand side of the page under "My Folder."